Thursday, May 24, 2012

Today: Chick-Fil-Avery Fundraiser & Details On Upcoming Events!

Each time I post an update, please share my story by updating your social networks, e-mailing all of your contacts, and talking to your friends/co-workers.  And to all my girlfriends out there, tell your Ob/GYN about my story and maybe they'll routinely start offering SMA testing.  If we can help save a few of my future friends and their mommy, daddy, and loved ones from SMA, then my life, while cut short in time, will be beyond fulfilling in stature.

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible." - anonymous


All proceeds from the following events will be donated in Avery's name towards  further advancing SMA awareness and research for a cure for Avery's friends.



"Chick-Fil-A-very" - Today, MAY 24, 2012 (4p-8p)

Chick-Fil-A Meyerland Plaza location (5001 Beechnut, Houston, TX 77096) is donating 15% of all sales between 4-8pm.  This is only valid for this location!

The Harp Irish Pub - Sunday, JUNE 10, 2012 (1p-10p)

The Harp Irish Pub (1625 Richmond Ave, Houston, TX 77006) is holding a fundraiser in honor of Avery and her friends. There will be a raffle, silent auction, live entertainment, food & drink, and a date auction.
For more information visit either of the following links:
The Harp Website: http://www.theharphouston.com/

Brick House Tavern - Sunday, JUNE 24, 2012 (5:30p-8p)
Brick House Tavern (12910 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77040) hosted by Denise Wardwell, is holding a March of Dimes fundraiser in honor of Avery and her friends. There will be a raffle, silent auction, music, and food & drink.
For more information visit the following link:

"brAVERY" 5k walk/run - Saturday, AUGUST 18, 2012 (7:30am)
Anytime Fitness - Fredricksburg, TX is hosting a "brAVERY" 5k walk/run in honor of Avery and her friends.
For more information visit either of the following links: 
brAVERY Run Blog Page: http://braveryrun.blogspot.com/

Remember, SMA does not discriminate based on geographical location, so neither should fundraisers to stop it!  So if the only thing stopping you from participating in any of the above events or any future events is geographical location, then why not start or participate in an SMA event closer to where you live?  ALL children and families with SMA need your support!



Click the following links to find SMA events or ways to help in your area:



OR
If you have an idea for an event in your area, please post it on the blog with your contact information or message us via Avery's Bucket List Facebook Page.

Remember ALL donations up to the first $500,000 will be matched by an anonymous donor and 100% of this money is being used to introduce Dr. Kaspar's treatments into my friends for the first time!

FightSMA.org is a non-profit which raises awareness and funding for SMA Research.





Items I Can Scratch Off My Bucket List:
1. Have a major fast food chain hold an event for me.
2. Have a party at an Irish Pub.
3. Have a 5k started in my honor.
4. Be a Hero For Babies

Up Next:
Whatever I bring to life through my mommy, my daddy, and through you.

Don't forget to share my story by following & forwarding my blog, following me on 
Twitter  (AveryBucketList) and Like Me on Facebook (Averys Bucket List)!  The more people who are aware of SMA, the less likely future children will be born with SMA, and the more likely there will be a cure for my friends who already have SMA!



If there's anything you'd like to mail me, you can send it to:

Avery's Bucket List
PO BOX #2849
Bellaire, TX 77402


Thank you again to everyone!

38 comments:

  1. Oh Avery, you ARE a hero to everyone. Mommy and Daddy are pretty big heroes too. Sending prayers for all. Love, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Avery is makiing a difference. ---Marci (mother of a son with an undiagnosed neuro-muscular disease)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray for you and Laura every day, and still check the blog every day hoping that you all are doing ok. I would love to do a mini session photo shoot later this summer and donate 20% of the profit to SMA research. I can be contacted thru daddydylansgirl@gmail.com or my website www.forgetmenotphotographyva.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to see the quest has not lost momentum. Let's keep it going for Avery and all her friends.
    Avery you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture at the end is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from the Great State of New Jersey. I saw your lastest blog about how all these wonderful folks are looking to help donate and keep this moving forward. We woudl like to be a part of it. I'm looking to get my band to play an event here in our area with all the procedes we can generate going to SMA in Avery's name as well as maybe having a silent auction. Feel free to reach out if there is anything you need from me.

    Rich
    richieflip@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited for all the upcoming fundraisers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you both :)


    Elisabeth (mom of two sweet babies who entered heaven just before they were born)

    Luke October 22, 2009
    Adyn Christine May 24, 2011

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it rolling Avery. You are a wonderful spokesperson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally AMAZING, Avery! Keep up the momentum and know that other's are out there fighting for your friends too! Love you, sweet baby, and God bless your mommy and daddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! I love the brAVERY :) it's a perfect name for an event in her honor! You're still doin yo' thang Aves! Thank you for opening our eyes to this and helping to find a cure. <3 Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings from the Great State of New Jersey. I saw your lastest blog about how all these wonderful folks are looking to help donate and keep this moving forward. We woudl like to be a part of it. I'm looking to get my band to play an event here in our area with all the procedes we can generate going to SMA in Avery's name as well as maybe having a silent auction. Feel free to reach out if there is anything you need from me.

    Rich
    richieflip@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. avery you are still, and always will be, changing the world! if i have any ideas i will be sure to get them to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Couldn't make it to the Chick-Fil-A but I am planning on doing the walk:-) lets set one of those bad boys up here in Houston in honor of Avery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your family so much!!! Best wish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish that I still lived in Texas to be part of these fundraisers. Mike and Laura, I pray for you and think of you daily. Avery is also thought of daily, and yes...she is a hero to babies and even us adults!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Iam not sure but I think,your daughter may be help to live. Because, I saw some people... I cannot tell more details because my english is not good. But I want ask if there is anotherway help your child, do you interst? My email is: niemtinvavhiong@yahoo.com if you want to contact!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Avery, you really are making a difference. I hope your family is doing well, and that everyone is continuing to spread SMA awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the name of the walk! It couldn't have been a more perfect name if you tried! Looking forward to seeing what I can do locally!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Know that Avery is never far from the thoughts of so many people. I still check the blog daily, looking for up dates on Avery's friends and also to see if there are any more pictures you have shared of your angel. May God continue to hold you tight!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I pray every night that you continue to have the strength to fight the fight and that you have comfort in knowing that you are helping others and that you are such wonderful parents to your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I only found out about Avery last night, after reading her entire blog through bleary tear filled eyes, while sad for how short her time here was and heat aching for her parents, I was also incredibly moved by what she accomplished in that short time. Such adorable smiles and life in the face of such adversity, it's as if she was an Angel sent by God to teach people about SMA and be a driving force to accelerate the process of finding a cure and now that she has carried out her mission, he has requested her return. I am fumbling with my words here failing to quite express how deeply she has touched my life, but I hope you understand. My heart goes out to you her parents and I pray that your mission and hers will continue with as much success as it has so far

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been doing extra work to make donations when I can. I'm hoping that you and your family are doing well I'd also like to say thank you for sharing your very special daughter's life she was a truly lovely girl and I pray everything become easier for you and your loved ones. Your daughters life inspired me to do more with my children and to take care of my self so that I can live a full life with the ones I love much like miss Avery it may not have been a long life but it looked to be full of love and in life that is all a child really needs Thank you and god bless

    ReplyDelete
  24. Michael, still would love to create and sell a Tshirt in Avery's honor with all proceeds going to SMA and would love your input on design. Please contact me. Email marguarite@hotmail.com or just post in comments. Avery passed far too soon. Want to help find a cure for this horrible disease.

    Melodieann Whiteley

    ReplyDelete
  25. Avery's story has touched my wife and me very deeply as our daughter was born just 4 days after Avery. Thank you very much for this blog. Though it is sometimes hard to read it is also a wonderful reminder of how amazing life, and love, can be.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so glad to see that the blog continues, even after Avery has passed. It's a beautiful way to remember her and keep her forever in your hearts. I'll keep an eye out here, as if there is a race closer to where my Dad lives in TX I am so sending him to it! He loves to race, and lately he likes to race especially for good causes since he can't do as much after knee surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so glad to see that the blog continues, even after Avery has passed. It's a beautiful way to remember her and keep her forever in your hearts. I'll keep an eye out here, as if there is a race closer to where my Dad lives in TX I am so sending him to it! He loves to race, and lately he likes to race especially for good causes since he can't do as much after knee surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad to see that the blog continues, even after Avery has passed. It's a beautiful way to remember her and keep her forever in your hearts. I'll keep an eye out here, as if there is a race closer to where my Dad lives in TX I am so sending him to it! He loves to race, and lately he likes to race especially for good causes since he can't do as much after knee surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so glad to see that the blog continues, even after Avery has passed. It's a beautiful way to remember her and keep her forever in your hearts. I'll keep an eye out here, as if there is a race closer to where my Dad lives in TX I am so sending him to it! He loves to race, and lately he likes to race especially for good causes since he can't do as much after knee surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think about you everyday, sweet angel. I just made another donation today in honor of your 7 month birthday. I will continue to do this until your bucket list goal is met. And even then, I plan on staying involved and doing what I can to help your friends!

    To your mommy and daddy: I pray for you. I want you to know that I'm still here, checking the blog and facebook page on a daily basis. Your daughter's story has forever touched me, and I send my love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how these three people have touched the lives of so many? I think about them and say prayers for them every day.

      Delete
  31. I have an Avery of my own and continue to pray for you and Laura everyday. May God's peace and strength continually blanket you through this journey. And may Avery's angelic face and sweet smell never leave your memory.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello, I'm glad to see you're still posting. Though Avery has passed away, her story will continue to inspire and give new hope to the many families dealing with SMA. What I have recently thought of while reading past posts on the blog is, you should really make a book! I'm sure it would reach even more people than this website can and you could raise more money for SMA research. I will be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  33. keep on fighting !! Show SMA who's boss

    ReplyDelete
  34. Keeping you, your wife, Avery and SMA in my everyday thoughts and prayers....hope you keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Have been following along with your blog for a long time now, and absolutely love it. You're so adorable and sassy, as well as strong and dedicated. It amazes me how much you've accomplished in the past year.

    I have a blog going and i would appreciate it if you could add it to your list.

    http://myblogcelebrities.blogspot.com

    thank you

    Jessica Myers

    The Hollywood Gossip

    ReplyDelete