Friday, April 25, 2014

Dr. Kaspar's Clinical Trial is Now Open for Enrollment!


We are extremely excited to share with everyone that enrollment is now open for Dr. Kaspar's Gene Therapy clinical trial (which your donations in memory of Avery went to via Sophia's Cure Foundation)!

Thank you Dr. Kaspar, Sophia's Cure, everyone at Nationwide Children's Hospital, and any other individuals and organizations involved for their hard work and role in making this trial available to children with SMA and their families.

And a special THANK YOU to everyone who donated any amount towards this trial in Avery's name!  Once matched by Nationwide Children's Hospital and the generous anonymous donor, your donations through Sophia's Cure for this trial amounted to $1.5 million dollars!

PLEASE CONTINUE SPREADING AWARENESS about Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)!!!

From left: Avery's Friend, Avery's Dad & Mom, Dr. Brian
Kaspar, & Vincent Gaynor (Sophia's Cure Founder & Sophia's Dad)





















To learn more about SMA or to make a donation towards research for a cure, please go to either of the following non-profit websites:
http://www.fightsma.org/




6 comments:

  1. One more thing Mike, are you and Carter and Laura, watching the Dallas Stars?, knowing your live in Texas, they are looking good in the playoffs right now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! I am proud to say that I made a donation in honor of Avery. I think of her often :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of your family tomorrow. I never had the chance to meet Avery, but she has changed my life in so many ways that I cannot even explain. God Bless Avery, and God Bless your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!!!! Avery must be so proud of all you have done for her. I cannot believe 2moro will be 2 years since she left us. I will never forget the post you wrote about her passing. I was at work crying at my desk. :( I know Carter is bringing you joy every day. My "baby" will be 4 this year....it goes so fast! Bless you all....especially Angel Avery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An article on Yahoo today (6/13/2014) that I wanted to share about a 14 month old named Harper with SMA:

    https://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/texas-family-fights-to-use-experimental-drug-on-their-baby-daughter-174155427.html

    ReplyDelete